It is that time of year again for a period of self-reflection and thinking about making lifestyle changes. One thing I can help you with is a new hairstyle.
Here are five things to think about for the New Year:
1. Get the Chop! Make it a dramatic change or something more subtle, but either way getting your hair cut is an easy way to present a new you. If you are feeling nervous about the chop, have a chat with myself or one of the stylists and we will talk you through the alternative looks to find the one that will suit you best.
2. Change Colour! Another straightforward way to make an impression in the New Year is to have a colour change. What about warm copper or icy silver to be really dramatic. Once again, we can help you make the correct choice.
3. Have Healthier Hair! You really should be keeping your hair healthy. You can go down the treatment route if you like. We will happily discuss your options and help you pick a repair treatment ideal for your hair. Alternatively you might consider changes to your diet. We looked at healthy eating earlier in the year so feel free to check this out: (link to April 2017 blog).
4. Sport Shinier Hair! Does your hair lack lustre? Has the glow gone? Tresses looking tired? There are plenty of treatments to solve these problems. Have a chat with us and we can make some suitable recommendations for you.
5. Pump Up the Volume! Make 2018 the year your previously flat hair jumps into voluminous curls. Get yourself a good pair of stylers and go to work or pop in and see us and we’ll do the job for you.
Go into the New Year with a new, bold look and let the world know you are ready for it!
I am pleased to announce that we are now stocking and using the amazing milk-shake range of professional hair products.
The milk-shake philosophy is simple: ‘use the power and beauty of nature to achieve gorgeous hair for all occasions.’ To this end milk-shake hair products are now immensely popular and used by hairdressers, session stylists and beauty editors across the world.
milk-shake is part of the Italian z-one concept group, originally founded in 1999. Within a few short years z-one concept achieved significant results among hair care product manufacturers and today is recognised by industry experts as one of the most innovative emerging brands of the recent years.
The milk-shake products are made with a mix of ingredients including fruit and milk protein that provides wellbeing and food for your hair. Their range includes shampoo, conditioner, intensive hair treatments and hair styling products.
I am proud to be offering the milk-shake range, perfect additions for your hair care routines. Do ask about these products when you next visit us and we’ll be pleased to tell you more.
As the end of the year approaches I thought I would take a look back at what have been the top 5 hairstyles of the last twelve months.
1. Going Platinum – very popular with the stars this year as many like Katy Perry and Cara Delevingne abandoned their natural hair colour for silvery blonde. Both had their hair cut quite dramatically as short hair is easier to bleach.
2. The High Pony – Slicking your hair high into a ponytail also proved popular. With either a rumpled or stick straight look, a high pony gives a look of elegance. It also lifts your face as a bonus side effect.
3. Super Sleek – a big trend this year was for straight, long, shiny hair with a simple centre parting. Be careful with those straighteners, though!
4. Growing-Out Shag – the shag was the surprise hit haircut of 2016 but you can’t keep those layers and bangs forever. 2017 saw what it looked like as it was grown out with hair just below the shoulders and bangs long enough to be split down the middle.
5. Blunt Bob – the bob continued to be popular but only of cut blunt and sharp. The angular style was worn by Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez and Rihanna amongst others.
If you feel like changing to one of these popular fashions, pop into our salon or call us on 01452 886262 to book an appointment.